Getting buffalo grass installed in your lawn or garden is easy, but the harder part is to take its care and maintain it. Although, it is a naturally robust grass that can take its care on its own, but still, maintaining it as per the recommendations would give it a completely distinguished appearance. In this post, we take a look at some maintenance steps to be taken in terms of buffalo turf Sydney.
- Experts say that it will require a good amount of fertilising, almost all-year round.
- Without this and proper lawn care, the lawn can lose its colour, health and vitality.
- Therefore, you should fertilise it every two months with a good quality fertilizer recommended by the suppliers of products and buffalo grass services.
- For this grass, you need to make sure that the fertilizer has Trace Elements, and you should switch to a winter fertiliser for applications in colder months.
Iron Chelate Application
- For buffalo turf Sydney, nothing would be better than application of iron chelate.
- You can use this material once in a year during May and June to experience astonishing transformation in the appearance of buffalo grass Sydney.
- The signs of needing this supplement include the grass looking a little pale.
- According to the experts, nothing would be beneficial for this installation than proper and timely mowing.
- Timely mowing will prevent the overgrowth of thatch and reduce the risk of scalping or lawn damage.
- This step will also slow the runners from creeping into the surrounding gardens.
- Lastly, it’ll promote more green leaf growth – resulting in a more lush and soft lawn.
- Mowing is recommended on a weekly basis for faster growing turfs such as Sir Walter.
- The best results are achieved when the buffalo turf is cut at recommended heights of between 35-65mm.