Sellers of brushcutters Sydney and in fact, across the globe give a dedicated instruction manual to the users of this machine. This is because in the absence of knowledge of using this machine, the chances of mishaps and machine’s breakdown become very frequent. Therefore, in this post, we take a look at some very common safety instructions that users have to follow.
Starting the machine in a correct way
- Before starting the machine, make sure that it is laid on a firm ground in an open area and has a good balance.
- At the time of switching it “on”, you should hold the unit really tight and the cutting part should be clear from ground.
Before starting –
- Simply check that the power tool is well-assembled and is in a good condition.
- Check that the spark plug boot is secure and perfectly installed as a loose boot could cause arcing that can ignite combustible fumes.
- Check that the cutting tool is installed properly and is secure of everything.
- Check anti-vibration elements on power head for their condition and if faulty, replace them ASAP.
- Check that the handles of the brushcutters are clean, dry and non-slippery.
- Adjust the harness and loop handles to suit your height.
TIP – To reduce the risk of accidents, never operate a damaged power tool, an improperly adjusted or not completely or securely assembled tool.
TIPS on starting a cold engine
- The first step is moving the stop switch to “on”, if it is present.
- Now put the fuel cock on the “ON” position.
- Turn the throttle level to slow or acceleration speed.
- Pull choke towards the fully closed position, i.e. upwards.
- When sufficient fuel is retained and the engine is warm, set the choke level at the “fully opened” position to start the unit.
- Now pull the starter handle until you start hearing combustible sounds from the engine.
- Then, it’s time to push the choke lever down as excessive cranking with choke lever will result into a flooding engine making brushcutters Sydney difficult to start.