If you have kikuyu lawns at your home, it is very mandatory for you to have an in depth knowledge regarding the maintenance tips. The reason is that this turf is a rather high demanding in terms of maintenance to be in the best condition throughout the year.
Some fast facts that you should know before getting new lawns
- Just like several other recreational grasses, this version is also classified as a warm season lawn grass in Sydney.
- It is worth remembering at the same time that warm season grasses are totally different to Cool Season grasses in the way they grow.
- Cool season grasses at the turf farms grow from seed with a single stem and mostly include various Rye grasses and different Fescue varieties.
- On the other hand, warm season grass grows by runners.
- All of them grow with Above Ground runners or Stolons and once this happens, they spread with both above ground runners and below ground runners that are also called Rhizomes.
- Grasses that grow with both stolons and Rhizomes include names like Green Couch (Cynodon dactylon), Kikuyu (Pennisetum clandestinem) and others like Zoysia, Durban and Seashore Paspalum.
- You need to be aware of the fact that Kikuyu and Couch are also known as Bermuda turf in the markets.
- Both these versions are commonly used in sports and playing field situations.
- The reason is that they both have unmatched quick recovery properties even after heavy use through the Australian winter.
Maintenance tips for Kikuyu lawns
- Just like other warm season grasses, this too requires good quality mowing on a frequent basis throughout the growing season.
- During summers, it should be mowed almost every 7 days and the mower should be set to 25-35 millimetres.
Moreover, it should be fertilised at least at the start of spring and then, one more time in the autumn season.
Get a weed free green lawn from Turf Farms and lawn at the front of your home. They will give you original soft leaf buffalo for your lawn. Matilda soft leaf buffalo is a salt tolerance, fungus resistant and it is rightly suited to commercial and residential use. The renowned firm will inspect your place and provide you the guidance of turf types according to your choice.
Splendid Lawn Grass Sydney: Order Online
Create New Lawns for your home by selecting various ranges of turfs online. Sapphire soft leaf buffalo has a finer texture when matured. It will give a finer appearance to your lawn. The quality of turf is guaranteed to suit your particular needs and give you a beautiful ambience to your home. Get a splendid looking lawn with the expert on Laying Turf.
From choosing a right grass types to provide quality turf and also creating a lawn, the best quality turf experts will guide you efficiently. It is very easy to install the turf and get a new look to your garden area. Kikuyu Lawns are vast establishing and also it is significantly drought control grass. This lawn is beautiful and need less maintenance. Kikuyu grass is inexpensive to purchase and it is quick to install in the new lawns. Couch Grass provides you a lush green lawn of your choice.
Getting buffalo grass installed in your lawn or garden is easy, but the harder part is to take its care and maintain it. Although, it is a naturally robust grass that can take its care on its own, but still, maintaining it as per the recommendations would give it a completely distinguished appearance. In this post, we take a look at some maintenance steps to be taken in terms of buffalo turf Sydney.
- Experts say that it will require a good amount of fertilising, almost all-year round.
- Without this and proper lawn care, the lawn can lose its colour, health and vitality.
- Therefore, you should fertilise it every two months with a good quality fertilizer recommended by the suppliers of products and buffalo grass services.
- For this grass, you need to make sure that the fertilizer has Trace Elements, and you should switch to a winter fertiliser for applications in colder months.
Iron Chelate Application
- For buffalo turf Sydney, nothing would be better than application of iron chelate.
- You can use this material once in a year during May and June to experience astonishing transformation in the appearance of buffalo grass Sydney.
- The signs of needing this supplement include the grass looking a little pale.
- According to the experts, nothing would be beneficial for this installation than proper and timely mowing.
- Timely mowing will prevent the overgrowth of thatch and reduce the risk of scalping or lawn damage.
- This step will also slow the runners from creeping into the surrounding gardens.
- Lastly, it’ll promote more green leaf growth – resulting in a more lush and soft lawn.
- Mowing is recommended on a weekly basis for faster growing turfs such as Sir Walter.
- The best results are achieved when the buffalo turf is cut at recommended heights of between 35-65mm.